Skip to content

Site Work

I spent some time this week moving to a new theme, specifically Beaver Builder. It was a bit more work than I expected because of some serious limitations with the way Beaver Builder works—had I known about these limitations, I probably would have worked with another product, but by the time I discovered them, it was either find a way around the limitations, or spend a lot more time and/or money working through them.

In the process, I completely rebuilt the menu, and cleaned up the categories.

The site should be a good bit faster now. I’m not entirely certain the social sharing bits are working, and I will likely find a few things wrong here and there that need to be fixed over the next few weeks. I just discovered, for instance, that I lost all the work on the papers and topical pages I’d done earlier today, so those need to be redone, which will take a good bit of time.

2 Comments

  1. Kerry Thompson on 31 October 2018 at 9:24 pm

    Nice work Russ, I know just how hard it can be. The site looks a lot cleaner now and seems to be loading well.

    A couple of pages are showing some markup tags (About>about rule11 and About>mailing list), otherwise the site looks great!



    • Russ on 1 November 2018 at 7:46 am

      Thanks for finding those — I think I’ve gotten through all the pages now, and I’ve also fixed some of the “topical” pages to be faq format now, rather than just a page full of quotes. 🙂



Scroll To Top